Writing Press Releases
Instructions and hands-on Classroom work
PoweR PR Workshop on Creating and Effective Press Releases
Ray Hanania provides instruction sessions on How to Write a Good Press Release
The Workshop Seminar runs about 4 hours and includes instructions on these and other topics:
- How to write a press release? Length, content, structure
- Why is it important?
- What is and isn’t news?
- How to decide if an event deserves a press release?
- What is the difference between a press release and an email newsletter?
- Distributing press releases to media, or PR Newswire
- Identifying your audience (Who is your audience?)
- Placing the releases on your website
- The importance of a good photograph and how to take it
- Google and Google News – finding your release online
- Pushing down bad news with press releases and online content
- Using Google+ as a powerful tool to strengthen your online presence
- Using Social Media as a platform for distribution of releases
Who should attend?
- Political candidates, organizations
- Government agencies, departments, agencies
- Community organizations
- Individual speakers, authors
- Retail stores
Many business corporations have great Communications Departments but they are encouraged to attend to expand their networking and to continue education on PR and communications strategies.
Each attendee will create a press release and be graded for it. I will work with each to ensure the release is professional and ready to be released.
The releases will be distributed following the session.
I also place their releases on my news websites (Middle East focused releases) TheArabDailyNews.com and (Mainstream focused releases) SuburbanChicagoland.com (which are both indexed by Google News).
The event includes lunch and a copy of my book “PoweR PR.”
Attendees should bring a laptop, notebook. Sessions usually have Internet.
If you are interested in attending the next session, please sign up now and we will contact you when we schedule the next “PoweR PR Workshop on Creating and Effective Press Releases”
The cost is $350 per person.
Contact Ray Hanania at email@example.com
Include your Name, address, email, phone, company or organization.
Most workshops are organized in the Chicagoland area but we do travel to other cities when we can organize enough attendees.