SEO Best Practices from PR Newswire
PR Newswire is one of the best and most effective distribution systems for press releases and news announcements.
They have bene at it for many years and are the best.
Here are the “SEO Best Practices” advice that they offer when creating a newsletter. We always recommend following their advice to ensure highest visibility placement of your release.
SEO Best Practices:
- Original content
- Concise – 400 words or less ideally
- Natural language, avoiding industry jargon as much as possible
- Under 100 characters with the most pertinent information in the first 70 characters
- Always include company name(s) when possible
- Mix of keywords and relevant phrases
- Subhead for context
- 1-3 links with no duplicates
- Homepage in boilerplate as plain text link
- Call-to-action in first paragraph
- Bold/Italicize with purpose
- Social Friendly
- Include twitter/Facebook link and/or “tweetable” quotes